THOUGHT FOR TODAY BY
ST. ANTHONY ZACCARIA
If through perfect humility you will be able to know objec tively yourself, only then will you be.
Please enter a search term to begin your search.
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Zaccarian Apostolate of Prayer 2019
BARNABITE PRAYER INTENTIONS 2019
January: San Francesco Saverio Maria Bianchi.
"Naked and stripped at the foot of Your Cross I enclose myself in my ancient cell of your most sacred heart so as not to understand and see anything but You. I only want my God and his law at the center of my heart."
- That the Barnabites, who exercise the ministry of reconciliation and spiritual direction, following the example of St. Francis Xavier Maria Bianchi, will always keep in mind that he who primarily acts, guides and moves souls, is not them, but the Holy Spirit.
February: Venerable Serafino Ghidini
"The years pass and when will I become a saint? Now I want to promise the Lord to love him so much."
- That the young people of the Zaccarian family, following the example of the venerable Seraphim Maria Ghidini, will courageously take their life in their hands, aim at the most beautiful and profound things and always stay free at heart.
March: Servant of God John Semeria
"To do good we are never wrong. As long as I live, I will remain faithful to the poor at any cost."
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, following the example of Father Giovanni Semeria, inspired by his name, his memory and his love, will keep alive the spiritual ideal strongly rooted in the reality of charity, with a witness capable to suggest to young people an intense program of life based on love for the truth.
April: Venerable Bartolomeo Canale
"We must praise God and suffer."
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, following the example of the venerable Bartolomeo Canale, will make prayer the foundation of their spiritual life, aware that it is in prayer that they raise their mind to the Father in the praiseworthy aspiration to lead a life on this earth in the imitation of the Son, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
May: Venerable Cesare Maria Barzaghi
“I have the grace to bring to others: many are waiting for it.”
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, following the example of the venerable Cesare Maria Barzaghi, wherever they are and operate, will always be the promoters of renewed hope in the passion for man, because in Christ, true and only hope, they may at the end of life give back to God the gifts of grace received from Him.
June: Venerable Vittorio Maria De Marino
"Before I was nothing, then a petty doctor and now I am the chimera of the religious.”
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, following the example of the venerable Vittorio Maria De Marino with humility, aware of the existence of life and the suffering that surrounds them, will ask the Lord to always fill their heart with compassion for themselves and for all living creatures.
July: S. Antonio Maria Zaccaria
"The love of creatures for God should not be finished, rather its end must be endless, and its measure without measure, otherwise to honor Him with a measure is to dishonor Him."
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, always mindful of the words of their Father and Founder, and inspired by the Crucified Lord, will never close their arms to the needs of the brothers, and find abundant drink and nourishment in the Eucharist to always keep faithful and constant the gift of their own life.
August: Servant of God Eliseo Maria Coroli
“Everything I want to take with joy from your hands, from your love: when I get wet, I too will come to dry myself in the fire of your Love ... A continuous smile for a continuous act of infinite love.”
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, the Lay of St. Paul, and the Missionaries of St. Teresa of the Child Jesus, following the example of the servant of God Eliseo Maria Coroli, will always be missionaries of joy, always welcoming the presence of God in their midst and helping others to discover it.
September: Servant of God Francesco Maria Castelli
"In the family he was an angel, in the streets a sun and in society a missionary."
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, the Lay of St. Paul and the Daughters of Divine Providence, who work in schools and in the various teaching apostolate, following the example of the Servant of God Francesco Maria Castelli, will be and teach to be diligent in the implementation, punctual in the execution, faithful and precise, avoiding every approximation and every dilettantism.
October: S. Alessandro Sauli and venerable Carlo Bascapé
"We must be under the will of God, and serve him well and in the way he likes, as long as he shows his will."
- That the Barnabites, who are entrusted with the care of souls in parishes and pastoral centers, will draw the needed courage, wisdom and dynamism from the example of St. Alessandro Sauli and the venerable Carlo Bascapé, who with untiring pastoral dedication spent their lives for their flocks, to be always faithful to the Master.
November: Venerable Luigi Maria Raineri and servant of God Diego Martinez Carrero
"I will not be happy if I will not be a saint. Lord, either a perfect religious, or take me with you; either a saint here on earth, or a saint in heaven; never worldly, neither in the world, let alone in religion."
- That the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, following the example of the venerable Luigi Maria Raineri and of the servant of God Diego Martinez Carrero, will always keep alive the fervor and constantly renew the commitment to remain united to the Lord and to Mary Most Holy, Mother of Divine Providence.
December: Venerable Carlo Haldfan Schilling
"I would like to stay as long as possible on earth, to suffer for the good God".
- That the Holy Spirit will open the hearts of the Barnabites, the Angelics, and the Lay of St. Paul, and enlighten in them the fire of his love, so that they may be more and more credible in the proclamation of the Gospel and following the example of the venerable Carlo Maria Schilling strive to pray and work always, so that all enmity among Christians is extinguished.